Chicken Salad Plate
June 14, 2018 | By Mike Gonet | Filed under: Family Recipes
This is a simple, yet tasty, summer dish with a very nice presentation.
A terrific meal to use up leftover chicken (I used slow-cooked leftover chicken).
What you’ll need:
10-12oz cooked chicken, diced
2 Tbs mayo (your choice)
2 Tbs onion, chopped (I used red onion)
2 Tbs celery, chopped
2 tbs hot pepper relish (or less, to taste)
Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve over 2 cups of field greens, or the lettuce of your choice.
- Garnish the plate with 2-3 cold sliced veggies (I used beets, cukes and tomatoes).
- Optional: Cook up some very crispy turkey bacon, dice it, and sprinkle it over the top as a garnish.
- Also optional: Enjoy with a glass of your favorite white wine (I like the Sicilian whites myself).